We’re excited to introduce Variables, a new way to make your prototypes feel real and extend the power of Atomic Actions.
Variables let you define text or number values that can dynamically update in your prototype over time. They can also be set via Actions, displayed in text or text input elements and used to control the state of components.
Variables provide a new way for Components to talk to one another in advanced ways. In the prototype above you can see that whatever’s typed into the input fields is dynamically updated in different elements of the prototype.
Variables are useful for creating a wide variety of behaviour, including:
- Dynamically updating text elements
- Capturing text entered into input fields to display later
- Simple form field validation
- Storing user preferences/options so they can be reused throughout a prototype
- Simplifying communication and control between components
- Tailoring prototype content and behaviour to different scenarios for use in user testing